Unable to launch FileMaker Server Admin Console
You are unable to launch the FileMaker Server Admin Console. Attempting to launch the Admin Console launches the FileMaker Server Admin Console and results in the following error:
"Unable to launch the application"
Previously you were able to administer FileMaker Server from this machine.
Make certain you have downloaded all available updates for your operating system. Some operating system updates are critical to work with Java. If you discover updates, download and install these first. If you are still unable to open the Admin Console, then..
Delete the Java Cache (via Java Preferences)
- Mac OS X 10.4.xxx: Clear the cache in Applications > Utilities > Java > Java Preferences >General Tab > Delete Files Button.
- Mac OS X 10.5.xxx: Clear the cache in Applications > Utilities > Java > Java Preferences >Network Tab > Delete Files Button.
- Windows: Click Start > Control Panel > Java. Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files and click Delete Files and select Applications and Applets and click OK.
Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
NOTE: Usually, Java updates for Mac are bundled with OSX updates. You may be updating a new version of Java with an Mac OS X update and experience an Admin Console launch issue since the updated Java version may not be tested or certified. If the steps listed above do not work, try the following:
- Go to user/downloads/admin_console_webstart.jnlp (or wherever the admin_console_webstart.jnlp file was downloaded to).
- Ctrl-Click on the file
- Open with: /System/Library/CoreServices/Java Web Start
Download the admin console again by clicking the link in your welcome letter or from the link in our customer area under "my services" link.
Was this answer helpful?